Sunday, November 15, 2009

A cat's breed, by characteristics. long black hair....?

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to figure out the breed of a cat I used to know. It was rather smallish, long black hair, little tuffs or "horns" of hair coming out of the tips of his ears, and it would talk and talk, but not meow. I thought he was a mutt, but then later heard from someone else that they had the same exact combination of characteristics in a cat they knew. Any ideas out there. My web search brings up nothing.



A cat's breed, by characteristics. long black hair....?

I've always had Maine Coons %26amp; it sounds like one, with one exception: they USUALLY aren't small. Notice, I said usually,however, there are exceptions. My old Maine Coon was a pedigree with papers %26amp; he was quite small. They ususally DO have tufts on their ears, called Lynx tips %26amp; usually "talk" rather than meow. Maine Coons do come in all black too, so it may very well have been a Coon cat.



A cat's breed, by characteristics. long black hair....?

Not necessarily a breed. Could have been a domestic long hair.



A cat's breed, by characteristics. long black hair....?

Maine coones have long haird %26amp; long hairs on the tips of their ears. Look at the website of the Cat Fanciers Association. They have all the domestic cat breeds w/ pics.



http://www.cfa.org/breeds/profiles/maine...



A cat's breed, by characteristics. long black hair....?

sounds a bit like me

No comments:

Post a Comment