Sunday, November 15, 2009

I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice&long, I started relaxing it, and using

Now my hair is so dry. Everything that I try is not working, and I have very bad split ends. I've tried trimming them, but I cannot becauae everytime I do, my hair takes forever to grow back, and it's just as dry %26amp; brittle, and sheads just as much as when I first cut it. I want long healthy hair. Any suggestions, on products I could use/ things I could do to enhance my hair back to how it used to be?



I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice%26amp;long, I started relaxing it, and using hot tools.?

Awww honey. I was in your situation. I permed my hair 3 years ago and it seriously took almost 2, to grow it out and cut off the rest. The best thing you can do is try to make it up to your hair, because its pissed. Baby it with bi-weekly deep conditioning to help with the dryness. From someone who knows our hair, using hot tools isn't all that bad, so long as you make sure you use a moisturizer DAILY. (especially before using hot tools). (Also use caution at the point where the perm meets the natural, as this is the weakest point, where you will most likely see breakage) I recommend African Pride Oil. Its light enough to allow for movement, but substantial enough to protect. Lastly wrap your hair at night. Rolling around on it while sleep puts friction, and pulls on the breaking point. Wrap your hair with a satin, not cotton because cotton will dry your hair.



Follow these tips religiously and hopefully you have learned your lesson about that creamy crack they call relaxers!



I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice%26amp;long, I started relaxing it, and using hot tools.?

Ask your stylist to do a cholesterol treatment. It restores moisture to your hair and can help repair it.



I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice%26amp;long, I started relaxing it, and using hot tools.?

herbal esencess streanthener shampoo%26amp; conditioner



I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice%26amp;long, I started relaxing it, and using hot tools.?

1st mistake is to use hot tools too often on permed hair according to my hair stylist. U should go to the beauty shop every other week if u can and get regular trims every 6 weeks. This is the best way to get your hair back in the shape it used to be.



I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice%26amp;long, I started relaxing it, and using hot tools.?

I use to have the same problem. I went natural and my hair grew back thicker and longer. i'm not sure how you feel about a natural but you should try it! Relaxers are not meant for hair!



I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice%26amp;long, I started relaxing it, and using hot tools.?

My daughter is African American/Australian with super tight curls that would be a frizzy nightmare without the products that I have found for her hair...



check out www.curls.biz



They offer products for women as well as children and are just the best thing that I have ever tried. There is also loads of information about how to care for your hair and the last time I looked I saw some information about how to get treated curly hair back to looking nice again...



If you say that your hair is dry the Asian Hair Tea Conditioner would be great for you. I use it as a heat treatment in my daughters hair once a week (plastic wrap and a shower cap in the bath) and her hair has never been better. All of the products are great so check out the site!



I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice%26amp;long, I started relaxing it, and using hot tools.?

nope cept condition and leave it alon



avoid pony tales



I am a African-American girl. My hair used to be so nice%26amp;long, I started relaxing it, and using hot tools.?

Heat typed appliances ruin our hair. They remove the moisture from our hair, which causes dry, brittle hair. Need to add moisture to your hair. Use shampoos and conditioners that has extra moisturizers in it. Apply a hair dressing to your hair and scalp and message it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment